Can Jalapenos blind you? Let’s find out. Jalapenos are one of the best and the spiciest peppers. Imagine a pizza or salad without them. It won’t even look like a salad. Yes, that’s how essential jalapenos are in the food.
However, adding them to your recipes is a tricky task. They can easily give you a burning sensation both in your mouth and fingertips.
And think, what happens if a jalapeno goes into your eye? Oh, man! That isn’t good because you will feel an intense burning sensation that might lead to redness in the eye or constant tearing. Let’s find out all about jalapenos and what to do if it goes into your eyes.
Here is a related article that might interest you on Can Lasers Blind You?
Can Jalapenos blind you? The sensation might be stingy. However, jalapeno juice cannot make us blind. It can cause prolonged irritation, and you might have a teary eye.
But there are significantly fewer chances that it might lead to blindness. It becomes more irritable if you start to rub your eyes
Why Does Jalapeno Burn In My Eyes? Can Jalapenos Blind You?
Jalapeno naturally contains a chemical called Capsaicin, which is highly irritable for mammals. One can always experience a sting but over all this spice cannot blind you.
Things You Should If Jalapeno Goes Into Your Eyes:
In order to get rid of the burning sensation that you feel if jalapeno goes into your eyes, you need to consider the following things:
- Firstly wash your hands with soap and then rush to the fridge to grab fresh or packed milk. Put your fingertips in it and order to get rid of the chilies residue that you feel in your hand.
- Once your hands are cleaned, find a paper towel and soak it in the milk. Gently pat it around the eye, and do not try to overdo it. Do not rub harshly.
- Place the soft paper towel on your eye for a few minutes. If this doesn’t work, put a few drops of milk in your eyes to ease the sensation.
- Putting milk in your eye is that it is acidic and can counter the Capsaicin present in hot peppers. Moreover, fat-soluble and lactic acid usually found in dairy products can easily break it out.
- Do not put water in your eyes at any cost. However, it might be said that water is a cleansing agent and can purify your eye. However, when it comes to jalapeno, it doesn’t work.
- Try to get a pair of disposable gloves if you’re dealing with chilies in the kitchen. For further prevention, it is recommended to buy eye goggles before chopping down hot chilies.
- If the chilies have already caught you, you can easily wash them with dish soap. Make sure there is nothing left on your nails, and try to use a regular brush or a nail brush to clean them.
- Another step is to use baby shampoo to wash the affected eye area.
- Moreover, if nothing works, you can always go for a sterile eyewash.
- Always wash your utensils properly so that there is no residue left on them.
- Sometimes olive oil might also help.
- If you feel a spicy burn on your fingers, you can also dip it into baking soda, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, or aloe vera.
- Do not use lemon juice, vinegar, or aloe vera in your eyes since they are also acidic and might cause your eye further damage.
- If nothing you try works out, then it is highly recommended to see a specialist. He will examine your eye and will further prescribe you medications.
Can Jalapeno Juice Make Us Blind?
The sensation might be stingy. However, jalapeno juice cannot make us blind. It can cause prolonged irritation, and you might have a teary eye. But there are significantly fewer chances that it might lead to blindness. It becomes more irritable if you start to rub your eyes.
However, if you touch your eye with dirty hands, you might develop an infection that can lead you to blindness. Hard touch can put you at risk of scratching your corneas.
Your cornea is already your sensitive part, and you can exacerbate it with bacteria. The burning sensation can last up to 24 hours. However, if treated properly, you can get rid of it quickly.
Using cold water is ineffective. It might help you with a temporary release, but the excruciating stinginess is more likely to come back. Thus, jalapeno oil will not damage your eye permanently. However, it will give you a temporary burning sensation.
Hi, my name is Eddie, I am a professional trainer specializing in the elderly population and I’m also a website designer. I love training in the gym, going to the beach, traveling, and having good food.
I combined my love for sport and website designing to make “DisabilitEase” whose purpose is to help elderly and disabled people live a more full and active life, have more fun, and enjoy their unique journey despite any disability.