Parkinson’s disease is the most widespread neurodegenerative disorder found around the globe. It deteriorates a person’s neurological system by decreasing dopamine production present in the brain. The patient suffers from multiple disorders such as tremors, low body movements, and speech.
It is often viewed that a person suffering from Parkinson’s cannot walk and balance himself properly.
No specific medication can completely cure a person of Parkinson’s or may prove to be a life-lasting cure. However, certain precautions and measures can be taken for its prevention.
Also, you have to check out my post on How Did Parkinson’s Disease Start?
We have charted out a sum of effective measures for you that can help in its prevention.
Effective Measures For Parkinson’s Disease – How To Prevent Parkinson’s Disease?
- The first measure that can be taken is early detection of the disease. Doctors and patients both need to make a collective effort to recognize the biomarkers of the disease.
- The doctors should study the activity of Alpha syncline, a neuronal protein present in the brain.
- Moreover, exercise and aerobic activities will add to the patients’ well-being as there will be a lot of movement in the muscles, better blood circulation, and less muscle fatigue.
- Along with that, many patients are recommended to have strength training or balance training. This will help them coordinate their movements and build muscle balance.
- Similarly, functional activities such as speech and writing will activate and trigger cognition and recognition in the brain cells. This might be helpful if the patient develops similar symptoms.
- A balanced diet with equal quantities of carbs, proteins, and fats can be fruitful in increasing and boosting the body’s general immunity.
- If the patient is diagnosed with Parkinson’s early, then anticholinergic medications are advised.
- Moreover, medications such as levodopa, MAO-B inhibitors, Amantadine, and CateChol O-methyltransferase inhibitors are helpful.
- In Parkinson’s, essential neurons producing dopamine are damaged in the brain. Therefore, medicines that increase dopamine production or balance it out are recommended.
- If medications fail, doctors start with surgical or therapeutic sessions such as deep brain stimulation.
- Vegetables and fruits, which are incredibly organic, are suitable for bowel movements because they’re filled with vitamins and folic acid.
- The patients need to incorporate Omega 3 fatty acids into their diet as they are good and healthy ways of increasing the level of dopamine in the body.
- It is highly essential if the patient gets efficient Vitamin D. He can get it with sunlight or consume animal fats. Vitamin D is easily absorbed into the bloodstream with the help of vitamins and cholesterol as well. It is an effective measure taken to protect against dementia as it increases mineral absorption and improves bone health by decreasing the chances of osteoporosis.
- Green tea has anti-inflammatory properties. It reduces the risks of cancer and increases the stability of burning fat. It also helps in improving brain functionality.
- Regular works and aerobic exercises help in activities involving memory and learning. Research proves that it improved the size of the patients’ hippocampus.
- Moreover, maintaining the presence of Coq10 in the body is highly essential. It is a coenzyme that helps in cell growth and maintenance. Its deficiency has added to the patient’s experience of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Studies have shown that the presence of this coenzyme can supplement dopamine loss. This can be easily found in organs like the liver, kidney, heart, fish, broccoli, cauliflower, and spinach.
- Reducing stress levels is very important. The patient needs to have sound mental health to tackle the challenges of the disease. Stress in the body can cause inflammation and can adversely affect hormonal activities.
- In some research, caffeine consumption has been a positive factor in inhibiting Parkinson’s disease.
- Beer or green tea might also have a protective effect.
- Dairy products or products which have a process to milk in them may increase the risk of Parkinson’s disease.
- Using Vitamin C can reduce the risk of Parkinson’s.
- Another preventive measure that can be taken is that when a patient discovers that he is suffering from Parkinson’s, he needs to be susceptible to his environment. Xenobiotic exposure with metal deposition in places with less oxygen might also increase stress levels.
- A primary health concern of a person suffering from Parkinson’s is mental health. He needs to be willing to show strength and endurance to tackle the disease.
- Lastly, support from family and friends is significant because a person suffering from Parkinson’s might need constant motivation and encouragement from his external surroundings.
Every problem has a solution and the same can be said about Parkinson’s disease. There is no readymade cure available but with certain strategies and activities, things can be lighter for Parkinson’s patients.
Also, you have to check out my post on How Is Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosed?
Hi, my name is Eddie, I am a professional trainer specializing in the elderly population and I’m also a website designer. I love training in the gym, going to the beach, traveling, and having good food.
I combined my love for sport and website designing to make “DisabilitEase” whose purpose is to help elderly and disabled people live a more full and active life, have more fun, and enjoy their unique journey despite any disability.