Your disability shouldn’t come in your way of doing your daily life activities. If you have a passion for gardening, then having adaptive equipment for gardening helps greatly.
These products aren’t only beneficial for people with limited mobility but normal people too.
We have a related article for you, you can read 10 Best Adaptive Equipment For Getting In And Getting Out Of The Bed.
From ergonomic equipment to adaptive tools, several specialized tools are available to make gardening easier.
A good and reliable place to view and purchase a wide range of adaptive equipment for gardening is on this page of the wrightstuff.com website.
One of the biggest problems that people with limited mobility face while gardening is the inability to hold gardening equipment properly. Adaptive tools offer ergonomic grips simply by modifying their shapes.
Table of Contents
Top 7 Adaptive Equipment for Gardening
Here, we’ve provided a few adaptive equipments for gardening that should be part of your toolbox. If you want to know what these products are, their features, pros & cons, etc.
1. Easi Grip Arm Support Cuff
It’s excellent adaptive equipment for gardening. It’s explicitly designed to support people with limited mobility. If you or loved one has weak hands or wrists but loves to work in the garden, then it’s great for you.
Using Easi Grip Arm Support Cuff tool, you can leverage the power of your upper arm and forearm to use the gardening tools. All you need is wear this tool around your forearm and attach the gardening tool with its 8-inches extended arm.
You can attach almost any kind of adaptive gardening tools with Easi Grip Arm Support Cuff.
● Strong & sturdy build
● Alumunium post & plastic cuff
● Plugs easily into adaptive gardening equipment
● 8-inches long arm
● Easy to use
● It’s highly compatible. You can attach several adaptive gardening tools with it
● It decreases the strain on your hand & wrist
● You can leverage the power of your forearm & upper arm to use gardening tools
Some gardening tools might not be attached with Easi Grip Arm Support Cuff
2. Deluxe Tractor Scoot with Bucket Basket
Deluxe Tractor Scoot is an excellent adaptive tool for people with limited mobility. It enables them to move freely while sitting on the bucket basket seat and steer the tractor with their hand.
If you or loved one is unable to move freely but loves doing outdoor work, then this tractor scoot with bucket seat is a must-have equipment.
Its features aren’t limited to carrying you only. It has under-seat storage space and a bucket as well, where you can place other tools. Apart from using it as your gardening helper, it allows you to perform work, including car washing & painting low-spots.
● Strong & sturdy design
● Pneumatic tires
● Swiveling front tires
● Height-adjustable seat from 16″ to 19″
● Handlebar steering – control the direction
● It’s highly functional. You can use it while gardening, car-washing, and painting low spots
● Its weight capacity is 400 lbs, which enables even the bulkiest ones to sit on it
● You can work while sitting in the seat, which keeps the work easier on your knees
● It doesn’t have a rotating sea
3. FLORA GUARD 3.3 Feet Weeding Tool
Pulling weeds is a tedious job. It’s straining for both normal people and people with limited mobility. If you or your loved one has mobility limitations, then it’s an excellent tool for you.
FLORA GUARD 3.3 Feet Weeding Tool is long handle makes it easier to pull weed easier without behind or kneeling. The best thing about this is that it’s lightweight and equipped with an easy-eject mechanism to pull the weeds.
If you can’t stand or bend over, use this weed puller while sitting on your wheelchair or garden tractor scooter. Thanks to its ingenious design, it’s very easy to use. For people with limited mobility, this tool makes pulling weeds & removing dandelions easier and enjoyable.
● Steel head design provides a stronger weed removing tool
● Easy & simple
● Durable bamboo handle
● Powder coated metal construction
● It can pull almost all kinds of tough weeds from the ground
● Its design is simple, thereby offer convenience while using it
● The handlebar is long enough to enable you to pull the weeds without bending over or kneeling
● People with severe mobility limitations might not found it helpful
4. RadiuGarden 100 Ergonomic Aluminum Hand Trowel
Gardening is an enjoyable hobby/part of routine life, but you need the right tools for maximum efficiency. If you have mobility issues and using typical gardening tools isn’t an option for you, then you need adaptive equipment for gardening.
Ergonomic hand trowel is an excellent tool for people with weak muscles and limited mobility. If you can’t use your hands or wrists properly on the typical trowel, then this ergonomic hand trowel is ideal for you.
RadiuGarden 100 Ergonomic Aluminum Hand Trowel is grip is curved & ergonomic, which allows you to use it without putting a strain on your wrist and hand. Its thermoplastic grip is comfortable to your hand and non-latex as well.
● It’s an award-winning tool for people with mobility issues
● Natural radius grip
● Thermoplastic hand trowel grip
● Ideal for all type of Gardners
● Its ingenious design lessens wrist and elbow strain
● It is versatile and easy to use
● Its grip provides optimal comfortability and lets you dig efficiently
● It’s very lightweight
● On tougher grounds, you may need to put more effort into digging
5. Dramm 12504 ColorMark Rain Wand
Watering is an integral part of gardening. If you love to take care of your garden yourself, then you can’t keep yourself out of the watering part. It’s an excellent watering tool that should be part of your gardening kit.
Dramm ColorMark Rain Wand allows you to water your plants, flowers, and shrubbery thoroughly. It’s a balanced watering wand designed for people with limited mobility and weak wrists.
One of the best parts of this wand is that its washer is full-flow yet gentle on the soil. It doesn’t wash away soil or harm your plants.
Its design and material used in its construction enable it to last a long time.
● Heavy duty brass valve
● High pressure water breaker shower head
● High strength aluminum construction
● Easy on your hands & wrists
● Its brass valve is made to last a lifetime
● It saves your time and water as well
● This wand doesn’t put a strain on your hands and wrists. Use is to water the plants and flowers thoroughly both sitting and standing
● It’s available in a range of colors
● It comes with a foam grip, providing a comfortable watering experience
● It might be difficult for some elderly people to use it for a long time
6. Active hands Limb Difference gripping aid
Gardening is an excellent hobby for everyone, regardless of whether you are a normal person or someone who needs assistance for mobility.
Active Hands Limb Difference Gripping Aid is explicitly designed for disables with a missing part of hands or fingers. Using this gripping aid equipment, you can use gardening tools to perform gardening activities.
As long as there’s some widening at your wrist, Active Hands Limb Difference Gripping Aid does its job. It leverages the force produced by your wrist and allows you to lift and use equipment properly.
● Velcro strap for wrist section
● Longer strap
● Machine washable
● Available for right-handed & left-handed people
● It’s great for people with limb difference
● It’s highly function & versatile- Apart from using it for gardening, it helps you in other activities as well, including holding household equipment, gym equipment, and holding the handlebars.
● It’s strong enough to use in weight lifting
● Perfect for all hand sizes
● It doesn’t work for people without a complete limb- i.e., hand
7. Husqvarna AUTOMOWER 315X Robotic Lawn Mower
Operating a lawnmower isn’t feasible for people with limb differences, elderly people with arthritis, and diable people. If you or your loved one is diable and can’t perform lawn mowing, then it’s great equipment for you.
Husqvarna AUTOMOWER 315X Robotic Lawn Mower is a robotic lawn mower that does the hard job on your behalf and takes care of the long grass grown in your garden. You can use it to trim the grass without having to operate it with your hand.
All you need is to press the button and let this robot do the work for you. It’s operated by an app that connects with your mobile phone. It lets you track the progress of the work and its exact location.
● Controllable with your mobile phone
● Onboard GPS system
● Handsfree work
● LED headlight
● Suitable for up to 2.4 inches tall grass
● It comes with an LED headlight, enabling the lawnmower to work in darker places or night time as well
● A great product for people who experience grass allergy after mowing
● It doesn’t produce any noise, helping you to remain a caring neighbor
● It might be costly equipment for you
We hope these adaptive equipment for gardening proves helpful to you and let you do your favorite work with ease & comfort.
Hi, my name is Eddie, I am a professional trainer specializing in the elderly population and I’m also a website designer. I love training in the gym, going to the beach, traveling, and having good food.
I combined my love for sport and website designing to make “DisabilitEase” whose purpose is to help elderly and disabled people live a more full and active life, have more fun, and enjoy their unique journey despite any disability.