Adaptive equipment are designed to make daily life activities easier to perform. Primarily, they create ease of doing activities for people with disabilities, but the benefits aren’t just limited to them.
Adaptive equipment for shopping makes it easy for you to pick the products and handle them without any inconvenience whether you are shopping for groceries, clothing, or pharmaceutical.
We have a related article for you, you can read Adaptive Equipment for Golf Playing Disabled & Elderly.
For those with mobility limitations & certain medical conditions that limit their mobility, adaptive equipment is a blessing.
Here, we have a compilation of a few adaptive equipment for shopping you can buy to shop easily.
Table of Contents
Top 6 Adaptive Equipment for Shopping
If you or your loved one need mobility assistance while doing daily life activities, including shopping, then consider the below-mentioned adaptive equipment for shopping.
1. Rollator Walker, Shopping Basket Cart Adjustable Height Rollator Easy to Fold with Breathable Seat Large Capacity Shopping Basket for Seniors and Adults Trolley Exercise Travelling
Shopping is an integral part of life, and everyone needs to visit a grocery store for buying products.
People with limited mobility or health conditions like arthritis find it difficult to use shopping carts or trolleys available in stores. Therefore, they need an alternate.
This Rollator Walker, is excellent adaptive equipment for shopping. People with mobility issues can take this trolley for shopping. It’s foldable and works as both shopping trolley and walker.
When you feel tired, sit on its padded seat above the cart and rest your back on its backrest. The shopping cart comes with a removable and washable bag.
Its foldable design makes it easy to carry inside your vehicle, use it as a walker, and unfold it to use its shopping cart.
● The frame of the body adopts aluminum alloy, which has outstanding bearing capacity.
● The height of the armrest can be adjusted in three positions and can be used by people of different sizes.
● Anti-skid and anti-dropping sponge handle
● Seat & backrest
● Foldable and storage saving
● It’s a multipurpose shopping cart, which is equipped with a seat & backrest as well
● Its cart has a removable & washable bag
● It works as both cart & walker
● It’s equipped with high-quality tires that move with a minimum effort
2. Folding Rear Basket for Pride Mobility Scooters & Powerchairs New Design
If you or loved one needs mobility assistance, then having this folding rear basket for their mobility scooter is an excellent choice.
People with limited mobility or health conditions like arthritis or weak joint can’t push the typical trolleys available in stores. Therefore, they need an alternate.
Folding Rear Basket for Pride Mobility Scooters & Powerchairs New Design folding rear basket serves as a brilliant alternate for shoppings trolleys and lets you use it for grocery shopping. If your local grocery store allows entrance of mobility scooters, then all you need is to attract this rear basket with the scooter and collect the items in it.
It’s strong and sturdy. It can carry an adequate amount of products easily. It’s easy to install behind your scooter. There’s no need to attach & detach this basket. It can fold flat in seconds against the back of the seat, so leave it attached to your scooter.
● Foldable design
● Easy installation
● Heavy-duty metal
● Spacious design
● Rather than buying a standalone shopping trolley, you can attach this basket to your scooter
● It can be attached to almost all mobility scooters
● It’s made out of heavy-duty metal, enabling you to use it for a long time
● It’s not a universal basket, and some scooters don’t support it
We have a related article for you, you can read Adaptive Equipment For Buttoning Shirts For People With A Disability, What’s Available?
3. SUNKY – Aluminum Reacher Grabber, 37″ Extra Long Handy Mobility Aid
While shopping, it’s difficult for elderly & disabled persons to pick products from top shelves. If you or your loved one finds it difficult to grab grocery items from shelves because of limited mobility, then using this product helps a lot.
SUNKY – Aluminum Reacher Grabber, 37″ Extra Long Handy Mobility Aid explicitly designed for people who need mobility assistance in performing daily life activities. Its 37-inches long handle allows you to grab products far from your reach.
It’s very easy to use. The ergonomic handle allows you to squeeze it easily without putting a strain on your hand and wrist. It’s made out of Aluminium, ensuring that it lasts longer.
● 37-inches long
● High-quality construction material
● Rubber-tipped grippers
● Ergonomic grip
● Reaching aid for grocery shopping
● Its 4.72 inches jaw length lets you grab the majority of grocery items
● Its long handle works as a great tool to reach high-placed items for disabled and elderly people
● It’s highly versatile. You can use it during shopping, garden cleaning, and trash picking
● It has an ergonomic grip, which makes it easy to use it
● Using it to pick heavier objects might be difficult for you
4. Sholley® Deluxe Shopping Trolley
If you or your loved one has mobility issue or health condition that makes it difficult to use regular trolleys, then it’s an excellent adaptive equipment for shopping.
Sholley® Deluxe Shopping Trolley shopping trolley works as both walker and shopping trolley for people with limited mobility. You can lock its front wheel in the forward position, which mitigates the risks of unbalancing.
The best part is that it’s adjustable that lets you adjust the frame height according to your choice. You won’t need to lean. Apart from its having a spacious container, the side pockets allow you to store more products.
It has a well-thought design without the rear axle, which makes it easier to walk with it.
● Adjustable & reversible handle
● Easier to walk behind
● Strong & stable frame
● Provides stability while walking
● Spacious storage
● Big wheels make it very quiet
● Rear safety footbrake
● It’s a high-quality and strong trolley designed for people with mobility limitations
● Makes it easier to shop without straining your arms and wrists
● It’s easy to push, which makes shopping enjoyable and less-tiring
● It’s equipped with a spacious container, which stores an adequate amount of products
● There’s no seat on it
5. Devobunch Shopping Bag with Rolling Wheels
For elderly people or those with limited mobility, carrying grocery bags or shopping bags is a tough job. If you or your loved one has mobility limitations, then having a shopping bag with rolling wheels pays well.
It doesn’t require you to spend a huge amount of money like shopping carts or shopping trolleys with wheelchairs. You can buy this shopping bag at a small price.
It enables elderly people and disabled persons to carry groceries or other products easily. The best thing about this bag is that it’s reusable, waterproof, and washable. It’s spacious and durable.
Devobunch Shopping Bag with Rolling Wheels a collapsible bag, which allows you to carry it easily. Its wheels are strong & smooth enough to drag the bag on all kinds of terrains with ease.
● Premium & waterproof cloth
● Easy to use
● Spacious storage
● Collapsable bag
● Lightweight & easy to assemble & disassemble
● It enables relaxing shopping for elderly people and those with limited mobility
● It’s made out of high-quality waterproof material
● You can use it as a shopping bag, laundry bag, and grocery cart
● Its wheels let you climb the stairs easily
● It might require you to stay low for dragging it behind you
6. Travel Smart by Conair 80 lb. Folding Multi-Use Cart
Travel Smart by Conair 80 lb. Folding Multi-Use Cart is a highly functional & versatile folding cart that allows you to shop easily and carry heavier objects.
With this cart, you don’t need to carry the weight of heavy items like large-size water bottles.
It’s a foldable cart with big wheels. Its design is user-friendly, and the height of the frame enables you to drag the cart easily.
It comes with a bungee cord that can be fastened around the bottle or other items placed in the cart. This folding multi-use cart supports up to 80 lbs. The wheels are strong enough to last a long time.
This product is an excellent multi-functional adaptive equipment for shopping. It assists people suffering from mobility issues. Having this adaptive equipment for shopping makes life easier for seniors and people with mobility issues.
● Constructed with durable steel
● Foldable design
● Padded handle
● Strong wheels
● It’s equipped with strong wheels underneath the cart, enabling you to drag it easily
● The handle is high enough to keep you safe from staying low
● The handle has padding that provides comfort
● Its build can only support up to 80 lbs.
If you or your loved one has mobility issues, weak muscles, or other medical conditions that restrict you from independent living, then having adaptive equipment pays well.
Before buying these products, make sure to read the product details clearly to determine whether the product is meant to assist you or not. The products have some drawbacks as well; therefore, research about the product and determine what to expect from it.
These products are explicitly designed for people who need mobility assistance or suffering from mobility issues. Having these adaptive equipment for shopping makes life easier for seniors and people with mobility issues.
Also, you have to check out my post on the Adaptive Equipment For Guillain Barre Syndrome | 8 Great Products.
Hi, my name is Eddie, I am a professional trainer specializing in the elderly population and I’m also a website designer. I love training in the gym, going to the beach, traveling, and having good food.
I combined my love for sport and website designing to make “DisabilitEase” whose purpose is to help elderly and disabled people live a more full and active life, have more fun, and enjoy their unique journey despite any disability.