Apart from artificial limbs, amputees can acquire adaptive equipment for leg amputees. They are an excellent daily living aid. If you or your loved one is a leg amputee, then adaptive equipment specifically designed for leg amputees can enable them to live independently.
Adaptive equipment comes in a wide range and creates convenience for people with mobility issues and improves their daily living.
Also, you have to check out my post on Handicapped Equipment For Walking, Check Out Our Favourites!
From helping them to walk/sit/stand easily to enabling them to drive, adaptive equipment for leg amputees provides numerous benefits. Though these products are designed for leg amputees, anyone who needs mobility assistance can use it to bring ease to their life.
This article provides details about a few adaptive equipments for leg amputees. To find out about these products, keep reading this write-up.
7 Adaptive Equipment for Leg Amputees
Here’s a collection of some adaptive equipment for leg amputees that can assist them to perform different kinds of activities without depending on others.
1. QuicStick Hand Controls
QuicStick Hand Controls is great equipment for leg amputees. Generally, leg amputees can’t drive for obvious reasons. However, having this excellent adaptive equipment can help them control brake & accelerator paddles without needing to use their feet.
A leading provider of hand controls produces it to people without certain limbs. Using QuickStick Hand Controls, leg amputees can go anywhere by driving the car themselves. This stick is fixed with the vehicle’s padel and enables you to control it with your hand rather than your foot.
This product can be highly valuable for you to drive freely without any inconvenience. At first, you may find it difficult to control the car with this equipment, but a little training would make things easier.
● Applicable to both left hand & right-hand drive vehicles
● 30-days money-back guarantee
● Pre-assembled- no tools are required to assemble it
● T-6 Aluminium used in its construction- Making it a solid hand control
● Applicable to all kinds of vehicles
● Enables leg amputees to drive the car
● Available internationally
● Might not fit on some newer models of non-American vehicles
It’s another useful adaptive equipment for leg amputees and people with mobility issues. Toilet use is part of our daily living. Normal people can visit & use toilets easily without depending on others.
Leg amputees and people with mobility issues need adaptive equipment to use toilets safely and easily. The Medline Safety Frame for Toilet gives added stability while sitting & standing from the toilet.
Medline Safety Frame for Toilet build quality is strong enough for people up to 300 lbs. However, it’s recommended not to throw your whole weight on it. It’s a great non-invasive equipment for people with limited mobility & stability issues as well.
It helps you visit the toilet without any fear of falling while sitting & standing from the seat.
● Fits to almost all toilets
● Installed easily & securely between the seat & toilet
● Support up to 300 lbs
● Strong build with Aluminium construction
● Easy to install
● Adjustable height
● Moveable frame
● Enables leg amputees to sit & stand from the toilet seat easily
● It has skid-resistant rubber legs that offer a strong grip on the floor
● Sturdy & durable frame
● If you’re a bulky person, then it might not be strong enough to bear your full weight
It’s must-have adaptive equipment for leg amputees and other amputees as well. While taking a bath in your bathroom, a slippery floor is a big risk. Applying it to your floor will mitigate the risk of slipping.
Anti-Slip Shower Safety Stickers is not only valuable for amputees but elderly people as well. It can be applied to the floor without requiring any effort. It’s a peel & stick sticker.
You can attach it to your both bathtub and floor of the bathroom. The stickers are lightly textured, therefore, it provides traction to your feet and saves you from slipping.
Whether you’re looking to install it inside your bathroom, on your pool skirting, or outside the bathroom, it works in all areas.
● Textured surface provides traction
● Easy to install
● Easy to clean & leaves no residue as well
● High-grade material
● Non-slippery surface
● It’s a great product to save leg amputees from slipping on the bathroom floor
● Great for both indoor & outdoor use
● You can apply it on your stairs too
● When using outdoor, you may need to replace the stickers soon
For leg amputees who do not have permanently installed grab bars in their bathrooms, suction grab bars are great. Understandably, leg amputees face difficulty in maintaining balance while showering.
Suction grab bars work great to assist your daily bath routine. You can take a bath easily without worrying about falling. It can be installed on any kind of stone. If the tiles in your bathroom are flat and non-porous, Grab Bars for Bathroom work perfectly.
Grab Bars for Bathroom is not only adaptive equipment for leg amputees but useful for elderly people, patients recovering from surgery, and pregnant mothers.
● Works on plastic, stone, flat porcelain
● Sturdy & secure
● Easy installation with requiring any tools
● Non-slip grip
● Comes with free suction cups to attach with the handle
● It’s made out of BPA-free materials
● You can install it on the surface without any glue, tape, and drill
● Its handlebar grip is non-slippery
You can’t install it on fiberglass & wallboard
Whether you live in a snowy area, or planning to visit such a location, having a Cane Ice Tip Attachment goes a long way. It’s explicitly designed for leg amputees and people with limited mobility.
DMI Cane Ice Tip Attachment can be attached to a cane, and it would work as great adaptive equipment to keep save your falling. You can attach it to cane sticks and crutches.
It’s highly functional, and its design is well-thought. You don’t need to remove this attachment while using your cane or crutches indoors. All you need is to flip up the ice grip and use the regular grip of the cane.
● 5 prong ice grip
● Can be attached to both cane & crutches
● Easy to install
● Easy to remove & attach
● Prevent slipping on the ice
● Strong & sturdy
● You don’t need to remove the ice grip. Just flip it up and leave it one your cane or crutches for indoor use
● Only need to tighten two screws to attach it to your cane or crutches
● It might not be strong enough for bulky people
Apart from aesthetics, Shower Bench Stool is highly functional as well. It works as great adaptive equipment as well. If you or your loved one is a leg amputee, then it’s a great gift as well.
Sitting on a plastic chair or taking a bath while standing is difficult for leg amputees and people with limited stability. You can use this chair for a safe & enjoyable bath experience.
It’s easy to assemble and disassemble. Bambusi Shower Bench Stool with Shelf is highly practical and beautiful at the same time. Apart from using it inside your bathroom, you can use it as bathroom furniture, outside deck, and garden decor.
● Easy to assemble & disassemble
● Premium quality material used in its construction
● Perfect for both outdoor & indoor use
● Sturdy & safe
● Its design is made to last longer
● It comes with a shelf as well where you can keep soap, towel, and shampoo
● It’s highly functional and increases the charm of your bathroom as well
● You can use it during your massage session as well
● Its height isn’t adjustable
If you or your loved one is a leg amputee and uses daily private or public transport as a daily commute, then this adaptive equipment is highly valuable. You may not always find a seat to sit, so carrying this Adjustable Standing Aid Safety Handle is important.
It helps you to stand inside the bus or train, get inside the vehicle, and get out of the vehicle without fear of falling. It has an ergonomic handle that doesn’t slip from your hand, enabling you to maintain your balance.
Adjustable Standing Aid Safety Handle is a universal equipment that can be attached to most cars in public transport handrails as well. It’s not only valuable for leg amputees but for anyone who needs mobility assistance.
● Non-slippery grip- Its grip is ergonomic and provide perfect grip to your palm
● Great compatibility
● Highly practical and versatile
● High-quality material
● 30-days money-back guarantee
● Leg amputees, elderly people, pregnant women, and anyone needing mobility assistance can use it
● It can support up to 350 lbs
● You can attach it easily to the vehicle & public transport handrails
● It’s very easy to attach and detach this equipment
● It absorbs water and leaks inside the car, so leaving it with your car might not be the best option
We hope these adaptive equipment for leg amputees serve their purposes and bring ease to your life.
Hi, my name is Eddie, I am a professional trainer specializing in the elderly population and I’m also a website designer. I love training in the gym, going to the beach, traveling, and having good food.
I combined my love for sport and website designing to make “DisabilitEase” whose purpose is to help elderly and disabled people live a more full and active life, have more fun, and enjoy their unique journey despite any disability.