Parkinson’s is a Neurological illness that starts when the cells in your nervous system start degenerating.
In this disorder, people experience various conditions such as shaking, difficulty walking, balance, and coordination. People suffering from Parkinson’s also struggling to get rest, and it’s important that you have the right bed and Mattress to get better sleep.
In this DisabilitEase guide, I will share the Best Beds and Mattresses for Parkinson’s Patients. Let’s get started.
8 Of The Best Beds and Mattresses for Parkinson’s Patients
One of the most common struggles for Parkinson’s Patients is getting in and out of bed. Bill-Ray Bed for Parkinson’s is a bed aid that turns your normal bed into a special bed for Parkinson’s. It’s basically a frame that you can put around your normal bed, and it will help you get in and out of bed easily.
Bill-Ray Bed for Parkinson is made of high-quality pipes and comes with a durable design that can easily support a person. If you or your loved one is suffering from Parkinson’s, you should invest in this bed as it will help them get in and out of bed with little or no help at all.
Theraposture Rotoflex is arguably one of the best Beds for Parkinson’s Patients. It’s an electrically operated adjustable bed which makes it incredibly easier for Parkinson’s Patients to get in and out of bed without the help of another person.
The best thing about Theraposture Rotoflex is that it’s highly adjustable, and it also reduces the risk of getting injured because of its design and shape. It comes with a remote control which you can use to control all the functions of the bed. If you are looking for an all-in-one solution to easily get in and out of bed, you should consider Theraposture Rotoflex.
One of the biggest challenges for Parkinson’s Patients is to get their legs onto the bed, and for this, they often need the help of their Carers. However, if you have the Theracare Leg Lifter, you won’t need the help of another person, and you can easily put your legs on the bed.
Theracare Leg Lifter is a motorized Leg Lifter that comes with a very useful design and remote control, which you can use to control all the functions. The good thing about Theracare Leg Lifter is that it doesn’t need any special bed, and it can work well with common beds. Also, it’s fully adjustable, and you can easily adjust it according to the height of your bed.
4. Level Sleep
When it comes to the best Mattresses for Parkinson’s Patients, no guide would be complete without Level Sleep Mattress. The best thing about Level Sleep Mattress is that it comes with a unique design that properly supports your spine while offering comfort to your legs.
Level Sleep comes with a patented TriSupport Design, which reduces press on your spine by providing support. It also reduces the pressure on the shoulders and hips so that you get a comfortable sleep. Also, the good thing about Level Sleep is that it has also been clinically tested, and tests show that Level Sleep aids in getting better sleep.
Nectar is a well-known name in the Mattress industry, and the company revolutionized the industry with its advanced mattress designs. The company offers 3 different mattress options, but the one I’m recommending is “Nectar Premier Copper Mattress,” which is a memory foam mattress, and it’s also the most comfortable Mattress of the bunch.
The unique thing about this Mattress is that it comes with heat-conductive copper fibers, which make sure that your body heat stays balanced and it doesn’t disturb your sleep.
On top of that, it comes with a thick base that properly provides support to your back and muscles so that you get better sleep and wake up fresh without fatigue.
Another reason why you would want to consider Nectar Mattress is that it offers a lifetime warranty and 365-Night Home Trial, which you won’t see from other mattress companies out there.
Bear is another very popular mattress company which is known for its quality mattresses. The company offers 3 different mattresses, but Bear Pro Mattress offers the best support and comfort.
The unique thing about Bear Pro Mattress is that it comes with 5 different layers, which work in combination to offers the best support to your spine and aid in getting better sleep.
It also comes with Gel Memory Foam which removed the unwanted body heat so that you could sleep without any problem. Overall, if you are looking for a more affordable mattress for Parkinson, Bear Pro Mattress is a great option.
DreamCloud Mattress is one of the best Mattresses for Parkinson’s Patients. It’s a very famous Mattress company which specializes in luxury mattresses, and it offers a wide range of quality mattresses. The one I’m recommending is the standard version called “The DreamCloud.”
The unique thing about “The DreamCloud” I that it comes with 5 different layers, and each layer serves different purposes such as pressure relief, regulate body heat, and provide support. Overall, The DreamCloud is a great mattress for Parkinson’s Patients, and it will definitely aid in getting better sleep.
Awara is another Mattress Company that takes pride in being eco-friendly, and it plants a tree for every Mattress sold by the company. The company offers a hybrid mattress that comes with natural Dunlop latex offering better support to your body.
The good thing about Awara Mattress is that it doesn’t contain the chemicals such as Mercury, Lead, Formaldehyde, and others, making it an ideal mattress for people who are sensitive to chemicals.
So, if you are someone who has Parkinson’s but also sensitive to Chemicals, Awara Mattress is a great option for you.
What are the 5 Stages of Parkinson’s Disease?
Parkinson’s disease is categorized into 5 stages.
- Stage 1 – It’s the initial stage where a person experiences mild symptoms restricting the daily activities.
- Stage 2 – It’s the second stage where a person experiences the worst symptoms, such as tremor and rigidity.
- Stage 3 – It’s considered the mid-stage of the disease where a person experiences loss of balance and slowness of movements along with previous symptoms.
- Stage 4 – At this stage, things start to get severs, and a person will need help to walk.
- Stage 5 – It’s the last stage where the person suffering from Parkinson’s is unable to stand or walk. At this stage, a person would need a wheelchair for movement.
What is the best Bed for Parkinson’s Patients?
It mainly depends on your stage. If you are in the initial stages, you can go for just a frame that will help you get in and out of bed. If you are in the mid-stage, you should go for a specialized bed such as Theraposture Rotoflex, which will make it easier to get in and out of bed.
Is Parkinson’s Curable?
Currently, there’s no cure available for Parkinson’s, but there are many treatments available that can help you relieve the symptoms of Parkinson’s and sustain the quality of your life. If you are suffering from Parkinson’s, you can use physiotherapy and medication to get relief from Parkinson’s.
What are the Best Tips to get better sleep for Parkinson’s Patients?
If you want to get better sleep, you will need to consider a lot of factors. Following are some of the factors which will enhance the quality of your sleep.
- Exercise – There are a number of exercises available that you can do as a Parkinson’s patient, which will help you get better sleep and relieve stress.
- Avoid Caffeine and Alcohol – If you want to get better sleep, it’s important that you don’t take caffeine or consume alcohol before getting to bed.
- Don’t consume liquids before bed – Consuming a lot of liquid can cause trouble at night, so it’s advised that you don’t consume a lot of liquid before going to bed. Also, it’s recommended that you make a trip to the bathroom before going to bed.
- Use a Comfortable Bed – If you don’t have a comfortable bed, there are great chances that you won’t get a comfortable sleep. So, go for a quality bed that will help you get comfortable sleep by supporting your body and managing your body heat.
How to choose the right Mattress for Parkinson’s Patients?
When it comes to choosing the right Mattress for Parkinson’s Patients, the following are some of the factors you should consider.
- Comfort – Make sure that the Mattress you are choosing is comfortable, and you can ensure it by checking the structure of the Mattress. If your chosen brand has an outlet near your home, I recommend you visit it and then try it before buying the Mattress.
- Warranty – Another thing which you should consider is the warranty. Ensure that the Mattress you are choosing has a respectable warranty period during which you can claim a change of Mattress.
Are Adjustable Beds Good for Parkinson’s Patients?
Yes, Adjustable Beds are best for Parkinson’s Patients because they allow the patients to get in and out of bed with very extra or no help at all. So, if you have Parkinson’s disease, investing in a good Adjustable bed will be a good decision.
That’s all, folks. These are the Best Beds and Mattresses for Parkinson’s Patients. I have also answered some common questions related to Parkinson’s, which will help you. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me in the comments. Also, check this guide where I have shared the Best Adaptive Equipment for Grooming and Shaving for the Disabled and Elderly.