Blindness and visual impairment can become severe if there is no assertive help for these people. Nowadays, blindness is not considered a physical disability because they are doing well in many sectors with the use of valuable equipment. The Adaptive equipment for blinds & visually impaired has made life more comfortable.
In this post, I will talk about talking clocks and watches as adaptive equipment for blinds and the visually impaired.
However, I have written a few posts that will give you some more great ideas:
Reading Devices For Visually Impaired
Glasses For Color Blind How Do They Work And For Whom?
Feel free to check them out – these posts are here on Disabiltease!
10 Adaptive Equipment For Blinds & Visually Impaired
Several types of equipment can quickly help them do their daily tasks easily; one of those simple tasks is watching the clock. A talking clock and talking watch are providing great help to blinds. Here is the list of some of the best talking clocks and watches, which offer incredible support to the Blinds and visually impaired people.
Eone Bradley Steel Mesh Watch
Large Talking Alarm Clock for Blind – Announcing Time
TimeOptics Women’s Talking Gold-Tone Day Date Alarm Expansion Bracelet
Talking Clock Keychain for Blind – Clear North American English Voice
VISIOYO English Talking Watch Digital Sports Watch with Alarm 697TE
Extra Large Talking Button Clock for Blind, Elderly
Atomic top Button English Talking Watch for Seniors Men Women Talking Loud Sound Talking Clock for visually impaired only- 5 Senses 1095
English Atomic Jumbo Size (43mm) Talking Watch with Loud Alarm Clock
English Talking and Tactile Watch for Blind People Or Visually Impaired People
English Talking Watch Talking Watches for The Blind Person
1. Eone Bradley Steel Mesh Watch
Eone Bradley is one of the elegant choices for watches. It is made with beautifully smooth mirrored finish. The whole case body is pure titanium, which adds durability and decent beauty to the beautiful timepiece.
- Aesthetic appealing and give excellent impressions
- Allows the wearer to feel the time touch and leave the effect similar to Braille
- Make and made is a durable pure titanium body and stainless steel mesh.
- Equally, benefit both visually impaired and complete blinds.
- Easy to wear and stainless steel mash contains an adjustable clasp that provides a smooth finish. Moreover, it requires one Lithium cell to operate (included).
- The watch is not waterproof.
2. Large Talking Alarm Clock for Blind – Announcing Time
Cirbic’s large talking Alarm clock is specially designed for the visually impaired, elders, and people with a hearing problem.
- Available in the perfect size and in white color, which is an excellent help for visually impaired people.
- Easy and convenient to use. The user only has to tap, and a loud male voice will tell the time. Tapping for the second time, it will tell the date and day.
- The large talking clock is easy to use and more comfortable to set time. Users can set time and alarm by voice.
- Runs on Double-A batteries (not incl.), so there is no fuss of cord.
- The clock is loud and clear, which is a big help for people with a hearing problem.
- British accent male voice. Not suitable for everyone.
3. TimeOptics Women’s Talking Gold-Tone Day Date Alarm Expansion Bracelet
TimeOptics talking watch specially designed for women who are visually impaired or blind. It has accessible functions with great looks.
- A fashionable, expandable flex band easy to take on and take off. The large fonts and talking options meet with the requirement of both visually impaired and blind needs.
- Make and made is strong and durable. Deluxe tapered stainless steel and steel expansion flex bracelet. It is a scratch-resistant anti-reflective mineral crystal.
- Available in both men and women’s voices.
- Users can set time analogy or by voice.
- The right choice for gifting purposes.
- The watch is not waterproof.
4. Talking Clock Keychain for Blind – Clear North American English Voice
Cirbic is a uniquely designed talking clock keychain that is a multifunction clock for blind and visually impaired people.
- User-friendly talking clock. One pus will tell the time, and the second push will announce the day and date. You can also use it as a calendar.
- It is a large and high contrast talking keychain clock.
- Best for visually impaired, elderly, or blind people.
- You can set time and alarm with audio instructions.
- The alarm is loud, and it runs on battery (included)
- Voice is Male in North American Accent only, not easily understandable from all.
5. VISIOYO English Talking Watch Digital Sports Watch with Alarm 697TE
VISIOYO talking watch is an excellent sports watch that provides both digital and talking time in a clear female voice with an American accent
- An excellent choice for those who love sports. Suitable for children, elderly and blind people. It is a perfect option for those who desire a sporty no-frills watch with talking options.
- The voice is English simple and understandable by all.
- You can change time on both time analog 12 Hrs and 24Hrs.
- User-friendly and blind people can just push a button to hear a voice.
- VISIOYO talking digital watch comes with an Alarm function.
- Not equipped with modern technology, and there are fewer current functions.
6. Extra Large Talking Button Clock for Blind, Elderly
PushOn is always striving to bring the best for blinds and visually impaired users. Extra-large talking clock button is one of their excellent equipment for perspective. The talking clock button comes with a magnifying glass.
- The x5 magnifying glass is an excellent choice for all those who are visually impaired. Now they can read the newspaper and any material without squinting anymore. The clear magnifying glass provides perfect clear images.
- The handle of the magnifying glass is slip-resistant. An excellent choice for the elderly who have problems with a firm grip. The magnifying glass weighs less and provides a quality vision for a long time.
- One button touch is user friendly. Now blinds can hear time by pushing the button once, and on the second tap, the user will listen to date and day.
- The button clock can help set time with voice instructions. Just press the small button on the side to set the time. The watch works on 3 Double-As batteries (not incl.).
- The clock has a built-in alarm system. A user can set time for medicines, wake up, and more for convenience. The talking clock button comes with a clear male accent, and you can select the volume for two levels.
- The accent is not understandable by everyone.
7. Atomic top Button English Talking Watch for Seniors Men Women Talking Loud Sound Talking Clock for visually impaired only- 5 Senses 1095
Five Senses atomic top button talking watch is incredible adaptive equipment for visually impaired, legally blind, and older adults.
- The watch will directly benefit those who are visually impaired or legally blind or with any vision issues. The loud voice time telling makes it a handy timepiece for people with a hearing problem and the elderly.
- The smart, elegant, and classy design makes it a favorite choice for everyone. The color and LCD digital design helps those with minimal vision loss and have difficulty watching at nighttime.
- Announces date, day, and time in a clear male voice. Easy to set the alarm
- The watch sets the time itself, and not only time, but it also puts the calendar and adjusts with Daylights saved automatically by the radio Atomic Clock signal.
- Visually impaired and blind-friendly, press the button and top to hear time in a loud, clear voice.
- Watch is not waterproof.
- The British accent is not understandable by everyone.
8. English Atomic Jumbo Size (43mm) Talking Watch with Loud Alarm Clock
Five senses watch in classic silver design popular for a year in watches all over the world.
- The watch is excellent and features amazing atomic accuracy. It sets itself and also adjusts for daylight time adjustment settings.
- A user-friendly product, the numbers are bold and visually impaired, can easily watch time, whereas a signal touch button will talk the time, day, date, and year.
- The voice is a beautiful and loud male with an English accent.
- Arabic number indexes big Hour Minute and Second-hands on the dial. The feature excellently works for the visually impaired.
- The make and made are strong and durable. The watch is available in the jumbo size of (43mm) and polished strong metal case with a comfortable band.
- Watch is not waterproof.
9. English Talking and Tactile Watch for Blind People Or Visually Impaired People
VSONE-JSJ English talking watch is specially designed for blind people
- The watch made a strong alloy body, strong mineral glass, and comfortable taking on and taking off.
- Convenient to use and talk with press of one button
- You can set up to 5 different sounds for alarm.
- Choose between 12 hrs and 24 Hrs time format.
- Set for talking time or not.
- Does not contain any modern feature
10. English Talking Watch Talking Watches for The Blind Person
Bratz talking watch is one of the best choices for blind and visually impaired elderly.
- Made of stainless steel, strong and durable
- Tells time in a male English accent
- Press a button, and it will talk out the time loudly.
- The size fits all
- Good for gifting purposes.
- English accent is not understandable by everyone.
Talking digital clocks and watches is one of the best timing assistance for blind and visually impaired people.